This Page

has been moved to new address

The First Post

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: The First Post

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The First Post

The plan is to make this blog about all things domestic. Cooking, cleaning, organization, home decorating....except that I'm not that great at cooking.  And cleaning is something I have no room  to give advice on. I'm okay at organization; I like organizing things but have a hard time keeping them that way.  Home decorating...now that I can do. Decorating on a budget is the best kind, the less you have to spend the better. That kind of decorating requires creativity and leads to a home that reflects your personality and individualism. Here is an example from a couple years ago (when my husband was in the Army and we lived in a less than desirable crappy apartment). We needed an entertainment center for our first ever bigger than 19" TV. So we went a'thrifting and found this old record player.



 It only cost ten bucks. We ripped the guts out, sanded and painted, recovered the speakers (now storage) and for a total of about $20 we got this.....



 The best part (besides only costing twenty bones) is that no one has anything like it.

....and that's the gist of this blog.

Of course, I can't guarantee that this guy isn't going to get a post every now and then....




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your site. Can you maybe post something about how you rescued the old stereo? I love the finished product!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection said...

Thanks so much! The fact that you made it all the way back to the first post shows your dedication :) The two pics I posted of the stereo are all that I have, so I'm not sure I could make a whole post about it. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about it though...hit me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home