This Page

has been moved to new address

Broken Blinds Picture Frame

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Broken Blinds Picture Frame

Friday, July 8, 2011

Broken Blinds Picture Frame


So back when the little man was a couple months old, I got a friend to take some pictures of him. He was being super fussy that day (of course), and it was hard to get any pictures of him NOT grimacing. But then, by total fluke, we managed to capture the most epic baby picture of all time...



Epic, I know.  So of course I had to order a giant print. The problem was, I didn't want to pay for a giant frame...giant frames are expensive. It sat round for awhile and I forgot about it while we moved.  When we got into our house I noticed some of the blinds were broken (and still under warranty!). I couldn't just throw them away. Who in their right mind would throw away broken blinds, lol.  An idea started to form....


I ended up layering the blinds and attaching with wood glue. This took a ton of measuring! Here is the end result...



It sits in my entryway and is the first thing people notice when they walk in. One day Elijah is going to be so very embarrassed by it...perhaps I'll be a nice mom and move it before then. Perhaps.



It ended up looking very Santa Fe-ish, but that's okay, we're southwestern friendly 'round here. I was also worried about the holes in the blinds looking....well, dumb...but I think they add to it. I'm now wishing I had kept all the leftover blinds...imagine the possibilities!

My friend, Loren, has since moved to the Chattanooga area and is starting her own photography business! Her website is under construction, so for now she can be reached on her facebook page here. If you live in that area you should look her up...she is totally awesome and can do any event!

Linked to:

Be Colorful                                                        Dittle Dattle
The Girl Creative                                               CraftOManiac
Keeping it Simple                                              Making the World Cuter
Polly Want a Crafter                                          Coastal Charm
Sarahndipities                                                    All thingz Related
Sugar Bee Crafts                                               Not Just a Housewife
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia                       Homework
Topsy Turvey                                                    Tip Junkie
Thrifty Decor Chick                                           DIY by Design
Lil' Luna                                                            Passionately Artistic
Savvy Southern Style                                         Handy Man, Crafty Woman
Today's Creative Blog                                       Crafty Confessions
Sugar and Dots                                                 Someday Crafts
Fireflies & Jellybeans                      Beyond the Picket Fence
The Shabby Chic Cottage                       House of Hepworths
Somewhat Simple                                  504 Main
The Shabby Nest                                  Remodelaholic   
Finding Fabulous                                  Thirty Handmade Days     
Design it Chic                                      Chic on a Shoestring
Fingerprints on the Fridge                      Addicted 2 Decorating
Tatertots and Jello                                Lolly Jane
I Heart Nap Time                                  Be Different Act Normal
Under the Table and Dreaming               Nifty Thrifty Things   

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

At July 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Anonymous Tricia at Mom is the Only Giirl said...

I love that it's the first thing people see when theey come into your home! Great pic and awesome frame!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

that is a great picture!! love the frame too!

New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! {One ends tonight} http://www.peacelovepoop.com

 
At July 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Haha!! Poor Elijah! Good job on the frame! Looks awesome!

 
At July 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

Oh my gosh. That is the cutest thing ever. How old is he now? Is he talking to you? :)
So glad you linked that up. It just made my night looking at it and creative thinking on the repurposing of the blinds. Going creatively green right?
Pam

 
At July 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger jess@balancing the dream said...

this picture just made me laugh so hard!!! he is too cute!! I love the frame you made! Very creative!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Olive said...

Brilliant! When he is a pre-teen you will take it down I hope.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Emilee said...

Love the frame, and the photo! Looks so great!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Katherines Corner said...

too cute and funny too. I love that you framed it and hung it on your wall. priceless art.Hugs

 
At July 12, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Sam Findlay said...

This is great! Brilliant photo and a very clever frame!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

that is flippin' hysterical! great idea with the blinds, really!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

blahahahha that picture is awesome!!! i love it:)
thanks for making my day!!!
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

 
At July 13, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger DeeDee said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for this idea! We just bought new blinds for our bedroom windows which are really wide but not very tall. This caused us to "waste" most of the slats, but now I have an excellent way to use them! You are so creative and SMART! Thanks again! :)

P.S. LOVE the picture of your son....too adorable!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Brenda said...

What a great way to upcycle! Thank you so much for sharing. It looks like a great project to do with the kids too!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

I laughed so hard coffee almost came out of my nose!! The picture is adorable and the frame is genius. I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional party going on now. There is a really great giveaway going on with it. I hope to see you soon! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-linky-party-and.html
~Macy

 
At July 13, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Katie said...

i am not sure what i love more: the clever idea of using blinds to build a beautiful, modern frame...or...that picture!!!!!! both are brilliant and made me smile so very big! fabulous all around :)

katie@little things bring smiles

 
At July 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Priceless! Thank you for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

This is a beautiful picture frame!! I love the shot, awesome :):)

Come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

 
At July 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Karen G @ It's Still LIfe said...

Amazine use of blinds. I would never have thought of that.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:35 PM , Blogger imklvr said...

Yep! That picture is a keeper! Love it...and your frame is fabulous. But...YOU THREW THE REST AWAY?????? I hope you're kicking yourself! (hehe)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

I commented earlier but I wanted to come back and say I'm so glad you took the time to link this up to BeColorful's Motivated Monday. It had to make the readers smile.
Pam

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

What a brilliant and creative use for broken blinds! I never in my life would have thought of that. And that photo had me absolutely cracking up. I love it!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

This is such a great idea for broken blinds! And that picture is epically awesome!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

That frame turned out great and that picture is hilarious!! Love it!
Thank you for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
I hope to see more of your creativity this weekend! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

 
At July 24, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Siamapieceofcake said...

I love the picture!! The frame is pretty cool too! Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower from the friday hop. hope you would stop by and follow back. http://tootsabellarose.blogspot.com/

 
At August 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM , Blogger . said...

That is the best picture EVER!!! :)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Anonymous Carolyn said...

The frame is beautiful. Excellent recycling idea.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Sheer Shades said...

The frame is so cute and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your blog.

 
At September 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing information about venetian Blinds.
Window Blinds UK has become one of the leading manufacturers of blinds in the UK.
Blinds

 
At November 25, 2011 at 3:56 PM , Anonymous Zymeth Blues said...

Anyone who enters your house would go, "Whoa! What's that baby doing outside, lying on the grass?", only to find out that it's just a picture frame. You got me there. I mistook it for a window too. Hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home