This Page

has been moved to new address

No Spend February

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: No Spend February

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No Spend February



I always have a list of about twenty or so projects that I want to do at any given time. So when I'm out and about, I buy supplies for all the projects in my head...and then I put (cram) all the supplies into my craft closet and forget about them (because I have about twelve other projects going at that time). 
I really need to finish all the things that I started. Plus it will make organizing my craft closet for the Less Mess Project so much easier (I'm soooo close to being done with the pantry!)
So I am proposing No Spend February. I will not spend a single dime on new supplies or projects and work on finishing all the ones I already have all the stuff for. I'm pretty sure the blog will not suffer because of it...I could probably even do two months. 
Does anyone else have this problem? Feel free to join me in saving money and catching up on the to do list!

And since I can't have a blog post without a picture, here is a sneak peak of something that the husband has been working on...



Linked to:
Serenity Now, Five Days 5 Ways
Ashley

12 Comments:

At February 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

What a great idea!! I had a very frivolous January! lol. I can' t wait to see the outcome of this project! :) Happy February!... I may try your challenge as well!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Rasonda @ East Conolly Cottage said...

OMG!!! Have the SAME problem. And every time I say this same thing. Keep posting about this and maybe I will actually stick to it!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Cottonwood Tales said...

I have been in a "save" mode since January 1st and its going pretty good.....cant wait to see the finish product of the table !!
Have a great day,
Karen in Texas

 
At February 1, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Please post a full tutorial on this table, I have been needing a new table and wanted to build one just like this. So please give us ALL the details.

 
At February 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection said...

I am going to do a post on the table when it's finished, but it won't be a tutorial. I'll do you one better though...here is the link to the tutorial that we used...http://tommyandellie.com/?p=2582

 
At February 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection said...

My frivolous January is what sparked this post :) I think it was because of the new year and I was all motivated to get stuff DONE!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's a good idea! I definitely need to finish projects that I already have in the works before starting new ones!

 
At February 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM , Blogger dee dee said...

I just finished with No Budget Decor January,
I had a blast finding projects to do with what I already had here on hand! Enjoy and good luck this month! Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
dee dee

 
At February 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Debra said...

I also could go months without buying a thing and still have lots of projects to share.

 
At February 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Erika @ One Recipe at a Time said...

I want to make this table so bad! I am waiting to buy a house though because I think I might get a few complaints if I start building it in the apartment ;)

I am now following via LF from the hop...hope you get a chance to stop by My Road to Savings!

 
At February 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Laura's Crafty Life said...

I am the same way! :)

 
At February 28, 2012 at 1:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. I joined because THAT'S ME as well! So many items and not getting the projects all done! Thanks. Looking forward to more inspiration!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home