This Page

has been moved to new address

Less Mess - The Junk Drawers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Less Mess - The Junk Drawers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Less Mess - The Junk Drawers

The Less Mess Project if off to a good start! I chose to begin with the junk drawers because they're the easiest...I could finish them in an hour or so and feel dang good about my day :)

The before shots..


 See that plastic bag on the bottom shelf of the cabinet? Well, that it the contents of the junk drawer when we started the kitchen renovation... I just dumped the drawer into a bag, threw it in there and didn't touch it ever again. Bad, I know.
  So junk drawer round one was going through the contents of the bag. I laid everything out and I'm pretty sure it's what is in most peoples drawers.... except for one weird item. Can you spot it?
If your wondering if that is a baggie full of pregnancy tests, then you would be correct. It's actually a bag of six (yes six) dated pregnancy tests from Elijah. Not Levi, the two month old...Elijah, the 21 month old. I took so many because they were so dang light I couldn't tell....I kept taking and scrutinizing them until I decided just to pony up the $47 dollars for a digital one. Adam was in Iraq when I was doing this (obviously he had just left) so I just kept taking pregnancy tests until be was able to call and I could tell him the good (scary!) news. Anyway, rabbit trail....Here are the contents from the rest of the cabinet...
 Old router, vitamins, multimeter, bag full of unknown keys, phone book (who uses phone books anymore?) hose nozzle, part of a breast pump...

And of course Elijah was right there with me, snatching things off the counter and trying to hide them in his pajamas...
 Junk drawers round two, here are the contents of the current junk drawers...


This pile is a bit more interesting...besides your normal stack of flashlights, pens and sandpaper, we have: A broken piece of our car, I heart USA shoelaces, a flosser, my Flip stand and rechargeable battery (and I was wondering why it wasn't charging..), a book on how to use the potty, motorcycle keys to a bike we already sold, handles to my $5 table, and the worst of all, that stack of paperwork and photos on the bottom left. See that picture of a baby on top? That is a birth announcement for one of my best friends babies...born in 2008. Which means that not only have I had it for over three years, it has also made it through two cross country moves. 

About half of this stuff had a place somewhere else, and the rest I got rid of. Now there are only a few items left, but they should be there.

Now I need to find some legitimate things to store in there so that I'm not tempted to fill them with crap again. Shouldn't be a problem since I'm moving onto the pantry next!


Ashley

Linked to:
Sassy Sites

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Maeve Bradbury said...

Gosh - well done! It does make you feel fab when you get a grip on the clutter, doesn't it? I've just blogged about forgiving myself for not being Domestically Perfect but I am impressed by your example. Happy 2012!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Great job! I've been on a cleaning/re-organizing/making a million trips to the Good Will drop off myself these past few weeks. Keep up the good work :)

 
At January 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Elsa said...

I did the same thing when I was pregnant with my first. I took the test and thought it was negative. When I went back into the bathroom I went to throw it away and saw a very light line but couldn't tell. I sent my husband to the store to buy more... still too light. So I spent the money on the "pregnant, not pregnant" one and got my answer. I think I took like 10 tests at least. lol

 
At January 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Impressed and inspired!!! You go girl!!! I'm needing to follow in your footsteps around here today!!!

XO, Aimee

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nicely done!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Sassy Sites! said...

YAY!!! Your drawer looks great!! Thanks for linking up at Sassy Sites this morning! You are the first link up, therefore you're my FAVORITE! ;)

 
At January 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Sassy Sites! said...

Oh! And I love your little helper! It makes me miss my boys being that age! What a cutie!!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Katy said...

I absolutely love this project! Looks great.

You should definitely share this with my blog readers on thrift[me]. They'll love it: http://thriftmeblog.com/lets-organize-2012-kitchen-countertops-recap-link-party/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home