This Page

has been moved to new address

And Then There Was Beadboard (Part One)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: And Then There Was Beadboard (Part One)

Sunday, November 27, 2011

And Then There Was Beadboard (Part One)

The last time I updated ya'll on our kitchen remodel was when we had just finished our butcher block countertops (which are holding up awesome by the way). We took a little bit of a break after that for babies and full school/work schedules, but now we are back to it. Slower than before, which is why something as simple as a beadboard backsplash will probably be it's own three part mini series. Anyway, just as a refresher, this is what the kitchen looked like last time you saw it...


and as a super refresher, here are the before pictures...


(If your a new reader or just missed the previous kitchen posts here are the links to them...appliances, colors, sink, painting and raising the cabinets, countertops and bar.)

Oh and I apologize beforehand for the terrible quality pictures. I lost my camera at the zoo a few weeks ago and have been using our really old, (and cheap when we bought it) camera. We've since bought a new one (thanks Black Friday!) so all is well, except that I lost all the pictures that I hadn't yet transferred to the computer. Yes, that includes adorable newborn pictures. Plus I never delete pics off my SD card, so someone now has possession of pretty much every picture I've taken in the past year (to include some way too naked birth pictures). Enjoy, new owner of my camera!

So back to the kitchen.
The first step was obviously measuring and cutting the beadboard. Usually you would do this with a table saw but ours is on the fritz, so instead we got creative and used two tables, a level, clamps and a circular saw. 

Installing them is easy with some liquid nails and brad nails.


And that's pretty much it! I bet you were expecting me to ramble on for awhile longer, but really, what else can I say?  Measure, cut, install...done!
 So here is the kitchen now, looking much more put together...



The next step is for me to caulk, spackle and paint. 
Then comes the trim work...plus we have some funky outlets that we need to try and make look integrated.


Hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend... I know I did. Tomorrow it's back to just me and the babies, I'm going to miss having all the family and friends around to play and snuggle with them. Who am I kidding, I really just want people around to wear the toddler out for me!
Also, today I reached 300 followers! Thank you all so much for your comments and support, it really means so so much to me. As long as ya'll keep reading I'll keep the projects coming.... I have so many awesome ideas floating around in my head, I just need to find the time to complete them! 



5 Comments:

At November 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Katie said...

It's really coming along!! I love the look so far! Can't wait to see it all finished! Hope you and the little ones are doing good!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

sucks about your camera! have you checked back at the zoo to see if anyone has brought it in!? perhaps leave your name... maybe if someone sees your pictures ( esp. your birth pictures) they will bring it back to the zoo...?!

looks good!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Elsa said...

I showed my husband this post and told him that we must do this. We need a backsplash and I think this might be cheaper than most options out there.

And I never delete pictures either. My card also has birth photos.... although now I'm going to delete them. haha!

By the way, my friend at Premeditated Leftovers is having A Week of Homemade Gifts blog hop and I was wondering if you would link up to it. You have so many great craft ideas that I thought it would be a nice addition. http://premeditatedleftovers.com/a-week-of-handmade-gifts/

 
At December 3, 2011 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Jacque said...

I wanted to stop by, and let you know that I'm having to put my Soda Parlor on Private for awhile. I would love for you to still come and visit. Please email me at preciousmoments84@gmail.com and so I get your email address to send you an invitation.

Thanks,

Jacque
http://thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

 
At December 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Blogger B E C K Y said...

Looks lovely!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home