This Page

has been moved to new address

Kitchen Sink Score

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Kitchen Sink Score

Friday, August 12, 2011

Kitchen Sink Score

Back when I posted about my new appliances, I also posted pics of what I was planning for the kitchen remodel. That plan included a big 'ol fatty farmhouse sink like this one...

Now, I don't know why no one spoke up and told me just how flippin expensive they are. Seriously, I knew they were pricey, but dang! Since our kitchen remodel is all about how far we can stretch a dollar, I realized that my farmhouse sink was not going to happen. Sigh.

Anyway, earlier this week I was at Home Depot picking up some spray paint, trim nails and plywood - you know, the usual - when I came across (ok, perhaps I stalk it) the clearance section. There, on the floor, was one lonely kitchen sink marked down from $280 to $145. My interest was peaked - but was it single basin? Yes! Undermount? Yes! Stainless? Yes! 32x18x9? Yes, yes and yes! Into the cart it went and when I got home I went right to Google to make sure it was actually a good deal (and Home Depot didn't fool me with their inflated prices). The best deal I could find online was $245. So I'm feeling pretty good about my new sink. Here is the stock photo of it...
Mine is still in the box and I'm pretty sure you don't want to see a picture of the box. Of course, you are reading a post about a kitchen sink that's not even installed yet, so perhaps you do. It IS a thrilling subject.

So now, instead of the kitchen looking something like this...

it will look more like this...

and I get the satisfaction of throwing my current sink - a plastic, scratched up, stained, double basin disaster - into the dumpster.
(It actually doesn't look too bad in this picture...hmmm, maybe I could sell it....)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Awesome find!! I can't wait to see it all finished!! And heck yes you can sell that old beast on CL! I'm sure somebody will want it!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger It's Just Me said...

new follower!
Luv,
MAre
http://mare-itsjustmebeingme.blogspot.com/

 
At August 13, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Hey I saw your dumpster rocker transformation a while back and I was wondering what the name of the fabric you used is? If you know and could pass that along my email is andyh405@hotmail.com. Thanks! Love it!
Andrea

 
At August 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Krafty Max Originals said...

What cool projects and ideas!!

Hop'in by from 'Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

Krafty Max Originals

 
At August 15, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Tassie said...

Congrats on the great find. It always makes me feel good when I find a good deal!!! Not sure I was sold on the one big sink... but, then the more I thought about it.... I think that I DO like it..... So happy for you!!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous Karen said...

What a find! Farmhouse sinks sing to my soul. And I totally remember you! Thank you for the kind words...I totally dig your blog!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Maria G. said...

A big bravo for you!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

If you still have your sink you could use it as a planter in the back yard. I saw it on a show once.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home