This Page

has been moved to new address

$100 Porch Project: The Final Chair

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: $100 Porch Project: The Final Chair

Thursday, August 11, 2011

$100 Porch Project: The Final Chair

The forth and final chair is another garage sale find. I had to pay for this one though...six big ones. The thing about this chair is that I really liked it the way it was. It was light blue with the perfect amount of chippy-ness. I'm not sure that I like the after pictures any better than the before pictures. BUT, it was super sturdy and bigger than all the other chairs (not all our guests like tiny chairs afterall), so I took it.



Here it is after a sanding (not a great one) and a few coats of green spray paint. FYI, the seat was included with the chair, it just wasn't attached.


And here are the other three chairs...

 Now a price breakdown :
This chair: $6 + $4 (spray paint) = $10
Other green chair: $2
Rocker: $10
Blue chair: $8

Total for all four: $30

so I have $70 left for a bench, side table, rug and decor. For the bench I've been planning to make a headboard bench like in this tutorial...

I thought it would be super easy to find an old cheap headboard and footboard, but I've been looking for awhile with no luck. Why is it that when your not looking for something you see it all the time, and when you are...nada?

Linked to:
Perfectly Imperfect

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At August 11, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

congrats on the final chair! That bench would look gorgeous, I'm sure you'll be able to make it :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

 
At August 11, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome progress for your conservative budget! love the mixture of styles and the pretty blend of colors :)

 
At August 11, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome progress for your conservative budget! love the mixture of styles and the pretty blend of colors :)

 
At August 11, 2011 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Rachael said...

love, kiss, hug the chair. perfection.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 5:03 AM , Blogger Mikki said...

Love them. you've quite an eye! I have a feeling your posts are going to bless my home.

Dropping by on the “You Like Me!” Friday Blog Hop. I am now following and would love a follow back!Thanks.

Mikki
http://momsbestnest.blogspot.com/

 
At August 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Testing said...

Hi Ashley,

I've enjoyed looking at all you before and afters. Thanks for sharing your talent. I've been inspired by so many things. :)

My blog is just getting started with a focus on re-storing our 164 year old home. We'll be moving in on September 1st.

I'm now following you on Pinterest, but don't see any place else where I can follow. Or perhaps I'm just retarded and can't see it on your blog. Any other places I can follow you at? (I promise I'm not a stalker) :)

Christine

 
At August 12, 2011 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Mikki said...

I’ve enjoyed following your blog and would like to award you The Versatile Blogger Award. To find out more about it, please visit http://momsbestnest.blogspot.com/2011/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

Thanks!
Mikki

 
At August 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} said...

I love the chairs! I keep thinking it would be fun to refinish something...but I haven't yet. I love all your awesome ideas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home