This Page

has been moved to new address

Quick Chair Redo

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Quick Chair Redo

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quick Chair Redo


So, I found this chair at Target on clearence for $8....marked down from $40. $40!! It doesn't exactly match what we got going on 'round here, but for eight bucks I figured I'd take it home and make it a front porch chair.



Of course, I couldn't leave it as is though - its light wood and chrome and way too modern. While I can't chage the modern part, I can certainy change the rest! I picked one of my rejected paint samples from the kitchen cabinets and got to work. I removed the legs and spray painted them pewter, a couple of coats of paint, a coat of poly, and viola!



I made a pillow to go on it - to match some of the cusions I'm planning to make for our other "outdoor" furniture.


And no, I'm not going to show you a picture of it all perfect and matchy on my front porch - it's currently a mess. We don't have a garage or basement or anything of that nature, so our front porch is where all the magic happens. As in its usually covered in tools, halfway finished projects, the husbands motorcycle, toddler toys....   Yes, we're THAT house.  Just be glad we're not your neighbors ; )


Linked to:

Running with Glitter , CraftOManiac , Dittle Dattle , Keeping it Simple , Be Colorful , Polly Want A Crafter , Mad in Crafts , Sumo's Sweet Stuff , Making the World Cuter , The Girl Creative , At Home with K , delicateCONSTRUCTION , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia , Homework , Not Just a Housewife , Topsy Turvey , Me and My Boys , Sugar Bee , Reasons to Skip the Housework , Tip Junkie , Primitave & Proper , DIY by Design , Savvy Southern Style , Domestically Speaking , Sew Much Ado , Someday Crafts , Passionately Artistic , Lil' Luna , Handy Man Crafty Woman , The Shabby Chic Cottage , Beyond the Picket Fence , Christina's Adventures , Fireflies & Jellybeans , Creations by Kara , House of Hepworths , Perfectly Imperfect , Saved by Suzy , The Shabby Nest , Fun to Craft , A Bowl Full of Lemons , Chic on a Shoestring , Serenity Now , Freckled Laundry , Design it Chic , 30 Days , Remodelaholic , delicateCONSTRUCTION , Addicted 2 Decorating , Tatertots and Jello  , Be Different Act Normal , Lolly Jane , Sumo's Sweet Stuff , The Girl Creative , I Heart Nap Time , Under the Table and Dreaming , Nifty Thrifty Things

Labels: , ,

33 Comments:

At July 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger SkinnyMeg said...

Love the color and the pillow! So cute!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

$8?? what a value! I love that modern line too - wonderful way to personalize it. thanks for sharing - popping in from Be Colorful :) diane

 
At July 18, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

Looking good. I was kind of impressed you took the legs off to paint. I probably would have taken the lazy way out and tried to paint them still attached. :) Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at Becolorful.
$8? That's amazing.
Pam

 
At July 18, 2011 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Hannah Handmade said...

Hey this is Taylor from the hannah handmade team! I just wanted to say that I love this creative chair redo! I just followed you, follow me back? :)
www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/pages/Hannah-Handmade/200408909971427?ref=ts

 
At July 18, 2011 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I just found your site at a blog party and am a new member! It is nice to "meet" you. :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

this is awesome!!! i love it:)
also if you want a button, designer blogs is doing a giveaway on my blog if you are interested come check it out!
xoxo
ash
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

 
At July 18, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Love it!! I am working on redoing some chairs also! Yours came out great! I am visiting from Sumo's Sweet Stuff and I am a new follower!!! I hope you have a great week and that I see you around soon!!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

 
At July 19, 2011 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Just Jaime said...

Pretty! Love the pillow!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It turned out great! I'm a new follower from the hop.

Chrystal
www.adornonashoestring.com

 
At July 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Sam Findlay said...

Great makeover! Love the matching cushion!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

love that color!!! it looks adorable!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Quick and cute. Great color, and complimentary pillow.

 
At July 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Katie said...

It turned out awesome Ashley! I'm kinda becoming a sucker for modern looks, so I like it both before and after! Super cute!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Blogger  said...

Wow--fabulous find! I love the color you chose! And the pillow is to die for. :)

 
At July 19, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

The color is perfect! Love the pillow!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 6:07 AM , Blogger People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Easy to do and super cute! Love the shade of blue!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

thank you so much for sharing and linkin up with tell me tuesday!!
you rock!
xoxo
ash

 
At July 20, 2011 at 1:20 PM , Blogger annies home said...

great job

 
At July 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

I love the new color! I just came across your blog today and was looking through some of your older posts. I love your decorating style! The drapes in your dining room are gorgeous and your guest room turned out great. I'm a new follower!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

So pretty! Great work! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Katie Olthoff said...

ooh, I love your coffee table/trunk. I ahve to go find a better pic of it.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

I love the color you chose. I would love for you to stop by http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ on Monday to link up your chair and any other projects you would like to share.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Kim said...

What a steal!! You did good! And I adore that pillow. I'm here from Kim's party and I'm a new follower. Hope you stop by for a visit sometime.
xoxo,
Kim

 
At July 21, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Christina said...

That's SO cute! The color and the pillow are perfect! And I love the price tag of course :)

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday", and for adding my link on your blog! :)

 
At July 21, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Those chairs were a bargain! Thanks for linking up. Remember to join the party next Thursday.

 
At July 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

I'm so glad to see this post! We have six of these chairs around our kitchen table and I was wondering if I'd be able to paint them to upgrade our kitchen look. Yours looks great!!
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

 
At July 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Love it and the pillow fabric! I'm so jealous of your Target deal!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Megan said...

great redo. I love the blue color and the pillow is perfect.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

 
At July 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM , Blogger BluBabesCreate said...

Oh cute! I saw these at target too and had no room for them! Love that color. Come see what I did with an outdoor chair!

 
At July 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Totally great redo!

 
At July 30, 2011 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Great find and redo!!
Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!! I would love it if you joined me again tomorrow! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

 
At July 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Yes! Yolanda said...

Pillow matches your new rocker!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 2:41 AM , Anonymous lounge chair said...

so much great info on here .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home