This Page

has been moved to new address

My Readers Are Awesome - A Crib Solution

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: My Readers Are Awesome - A Crib Solution

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Readers Are Awesome - A Crib Solution

In yesterdays post I left you to choose between these two awkward crib set-ups...


Admittedly, neither one worked and the whole room felt weird.
But then, you awesome people swooped in with your genius suggestions and saved the day! I don't know why I hadn't though of these, I blame it on pregnancy brain ;) 
In my head the reading chair was stuck where it was at. There is a weird, small, angled wall in one corner, and the chair fit so well that in my head it had to stay. 

I took all your suggestions to heart, and this morning Elijah and I grabbed our measuring tapes and got to work. There were only two suggestions that actually fit into the space - the first was moving the dresser to the window wall and putting a crib on each of the other walls. I tried that first because I liked the idea of having the cribs on different sides of the room.


(Sorry about the terrible pictures..it's impossible to get good lighting in this room.)
This was definitely an improvement, but it felt kinda cramped - mostly because the crib stuck out  into the doorway by a lot.
 The other suggestion was the clear winner, thank you Katie from Craptastic!

Would it work if you put the chair in the corner, then a crib on each wall on each side of the chair? Does that make sense? Not sure if there is enough room to do that. It's looks good though!

Why yes Katie, it DOES work...




I love it....I feel so much better about this room than I did yesterday. It was such a simple solution but made a world of difference! Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate it! 
Of course, this does mean I have to move those dang name letters again...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you got everything moved around to a way you like it. I like it better this way too. Great job. Now baby can be born.

 
At October 19, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Yay! Glad it worked! It looks great like that! Little Elijah is getting so big! Can't believe you guys are about to have #2!!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Simply Mily said...

i def like this way better too!!! Looks super cute and a lot less awkward =)

 
At October 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Anna@Directions Not Included said...

This works well! The room is looking good.

 
At November 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Nan ~ Playful Decor said...

Hi Ashley, thank you for linking up to Tuesday's Nursery. As I read the other post, I was going to say the same thing - about separating the cribs - so I'm glad you worked it out! Congrats on baby Levi's arrival! Next Tuesday's Nursery is Dec 6th - hope to see you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home