This Page

has been moved to new address

The Never Ending Nursery Project...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: The Never Ending Nursery Project...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Never Ending Nursery Project...

It's been awhile since I've updated y'all on the nursery progress. I don't know why this project is taking me so long, I'm just never in the mood to work on it. Actually I know exactly why...and no, it's not cause I'm 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant - though that would be a good excuse. It's because it's not my favorite room. Not that I'm hating it, it's just that it's a cramped dark room (with to many cribs) that I'm doing the best I can with a bunch of free stuff. I'm just saying, don't judge my decorating abilities too harshly based on this nursery.  Give me a blank slate, a little bit of a budget, and a baby that I know the gender of and I'd knock you socks off, I know it. 

Anyway, blah, blah, blah...Here are some pictures :)
Last time I updated I had just ordered the second crib. Now it's here and all set up...and totally a portable mini crib. Poor second kid. There's just not enough room in here for two full size cribs, plus this one was way cheap. 

Looks fine right?
 (Besides the fact that it really needs a crib skirt and a name above it.)

Well, here is a different view...

AWK-WARD...

I could also turn it this way....

I think they look a little less awkward parallel, like that's just the sleeping corner. Thing is, with the white crib sticking out the room gets really small. 

Here are both positions again so y'all can help me decide.


I don't know...either way looks like a mini daycare, lol. 

On the book sling wall I made and hung a shelf...I like the placement but think it needs chunkier supports. These are just the uber cheap ones and I think they look unsubstantial and, well, wimpy.
I also made a big star which I totally love. It has it's own blog post coming up so I'm not going to tell you anymore... except that it took me four episodes of  Teen Mom to make :)

We also removed the closet door to replace it with a curtain. I bought it off of Amazon because it was so cheap that I couldn't justify making one. Much to my surprise I opened up the package to find a sheer. Oops! I decided to hang it up just to see how it looked - I was sure I was going to hate it. Actually, it works great...you can see through it just enough to make the room feel bigger without totally revealing the contents of the closet.
 Getting things in and out of the closet is a breeze now too. Before the door opened about halfway before hitting the chair, which wasn't quuuuite enough for me to squeeze my pregnant body through. 

I think another reason the rooms feels a little weird is that chair. I really like the chair, but I feel like the fabric doesn't go. It's too busy...I think a solid aqua/teal would have been a better choice. I feel bad even saying that because my mom helped me make it...sorry Mom, I still appreciate your help and think you did a great job!

And so, I officially get to cross a few more things off the list!
  • Sand and paint chair and ottoman
  • Reupholster chair and ottoman
  • Make and hang book slings
  • Make and hang shelf
  • Move Elijah's crib and name letters
  • Buy and assemble new crib
  • Make star decor
  • Make new baby name letters
  • Paint closet
  • Sort and organize baby clothes
  • Remove closet door
  • Buy/make and hang closet curtain
  • Make growth charts
  • Buy another dresser for closet
  • Organize closet
  • New cloth diaper set-up
  • ADDED: Make crib skirts

 The growth charts are going to have to wait...I decided I like this one I found on Etsy. It's made out of beadboard, so I'll wait until we do our kitchen backsplashes and use scraps from that. 

Obviously the name letters have to wait until I know what name to make. I also want to make a few more little stars out of decoupaged scrapbook paper and hang them like so...

And that's where I'm at. I'll finish it eventually...it's certainly ready enough for me to have a baby any day, and that's what really matters!

Update: We have a crib solution...click here to see what it is!

Linked to:





Labels:

8 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the parallel one. I like the other one better.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Would it work if you put the chair in the corner, then a crib on each wall on each side of the chair? Does that make sense? Not sure if there is enough room to do that. It's look good though!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

i was thinking the same as katie. neither options really look GREAT to me, having them side by side would look better if it could work.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Elsa said...

I'm 39 weeks too...... no baby yet..... And I'm not inspired to do much. Whatever the placement is, I think both cribs should be against a wall since you will place letters above them. Plus, I think it's a better use of the space.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Maybe you can move the chair are changing table in front of the window, that way you have more wall space for the crib. Are you might just want to put the crib in your room, I have 2 babies 20 months apart and we have the baby in our room, not the greatest but it's working for now.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Brittany said...

How far apart are your kids going to be? I have 2 little guys, a year and a day apart, very busy, but fun :) And I like Katie's idea, or... I don't know if this would work either, but... how about switching the big crib w/ the changing table and leaving the little crib against the wall? Or, here's another one. Moving the big crib where the changing table is, replacing it w/ the little crib and then putting the changing table where the little crib is? Does that make since? B/c if that works, that's my favorite idea. I would just say switch the little crib and changing table, but it doesn't look like the wall is big enough for that, am I right? Anyways, good luck!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 10:02 PM , Blogger jayna said...

We just got the same crib! I love how small it is - they really don't need all that room for quite a while. (We also ended up dropping the mattress supports halfway down - figure it will keep nosy siblings a little farther out of reach!)

Can you put the black crib where the dresser is, dresser on the window wall, and white crib on the short wall where the black crib is now? I think I would try to separate the colors like that, might be a little more evened out. (I am, however, assuming there is a reason you have the crib and dresser where they are :-)

Tomorrow is my due date and I have sloooowwwwed way down on any to-do lists. Last week was a crazy flurry of getting stuff done, but now, not so much. Fingers crossed for you that you get everything you want done and then have a wonderful birth!!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What about putting the dresser/changing table where the white crib is and moving the white crib to where the dresser is now? If the kiddos are further away from each other they might be less likely to wake each other up in the middle of the night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home