This Page

has been moved to new address

Not Every Project Can Be Exciting...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Not Every Project Can Be Exciting...

Monday, September 26, 2011

Not Every Project Can Be Exciting...

Great title to make you really want to read this post, huh? Well its true, most of the stuff on my nursery list isn't as thrilling as book slings. First up, diaper organization. To organize Elijah's diapers I had used these drawer dividers that I found at The Container Store...

They work really well, and this time I even found them at HEB (local grocery store) for less. Not surprising, since everything at The Container Store is really expensive (and totally awesome). 

Anyway, here is my diaper dresser all ready for two babies in cloth diapers. (If you want to know more about cloth diapers you can find the post I wrote about them here.) 
All I know is that I'm gonna be a butt wiping, poo spraying, diaper washing fool for awhile! 
So we have Elijah's diapers (same as before)...

Newborn prefolds and covers...

...and bigger prefolds, extra wipes and disposable diapers (for when we travel or I just forget to do diaper laundry - which happens more than I care to admit). 

Next up was moving Elijah's crib and name letters over to make room for the second crib. It went form here...

 to here.

Did you notice the squished baby in that picture? He has been practicing jumping for the last month or so, and about two seconds before I snapped this pic he was practicing jumping on the ottoman. I knew how it was going to turn out, but I let him do it anyway. I'll take my awesome mom points now. 

He quickly found a piggy bank to destroy and forgot about his jumping mishap. 

 I really like the crib on this wall, it opens up the room a lot. Of course as soon as I add the second crib the rooms going to feel tiny again. The new crib should be here tomorrow, so as soon as I set it up I'll let you know how two cribs in one small room looks (probably a lot like a daycare!)

Moving those letters was not an easy task. Not at all. I'm not even going to tell you how many holes I put in the wall trying to get them right. No, it's way to embarrassing. Okay, its 27.  Don't judge me, they look good now an that's all that matters!

So there we have it...and now I get to cross a few more things off the list!

I know I said that painting the closet was next, but I'm procrastinating because I really really (really!) don't want to do it.  It will happen soon though, I've already emptied the closet in preparation!


Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2011 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Star Talks said...

Laughed out loud about taking your awesome mom points. Too funny.
It's coming along great. Love to watch the progress! :)
Looking forward to more kitchen pics, too! :)

 
At September 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Elsa said...

I'm trying to do cloth diapers but I'm seconds from giving up. My toddler used them twice and they will not wash clean (they still smell), no matter how many times I wash them. I've tried several detergents too. I asked several people and all I hear is that it's different for everyone and to keep trying detergents and possibly combine some..... but detergents are expensive. This is more difficult than I thought it would be.

I am going out to buy letters though to decorate our playroom. Very cute!

 
At September 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! I love the name letters. Have you tried using the sticky velcro picture hangers for anything? They are from the sticky hook people and I love them for hanging odd stuff. They might work well for hanging something like the letters.

@Elsa, I know there is all sorts of fancy stuff for cloth diapers these days, but back in the dark ages (the 1980s) when I was cloth diapering, I washed them in hot water, with a lot of soap and a lot of bleach, then ran them through another whole wash cycle with just water, to make sure everything rinsed out really well. That always worked for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home