This Page

has been moved to new address

Nesting Kicks In

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Nesting Kicks In

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nesting Kicks In


I'm 32 weeks now and the nesting instinct has finally kicked in. I feel the need to complete the nursery, and complete it NOW.  Elijah and the new baby will be sharing a room, so I don't have to set up a nursery from scratch, though that might actually be easier. Elijah's room never really got finished...we moved into this house when he was six months old and never did much with the nursery. Here are pictures of what it looks like at this very moment.

Wall you see when you first walk in - crib, baby clothes I've started organizing, and the infant seat stuffed in the corner.

reading/used to be nursing corner.
 
Classy cinderblock bookshelf and my childhood radio (not plugged in because there is no outlet anywhere near)
 
Diaper changing area

.....and back to the crib and window.

It's not horrible, but its not great either. I have a long list of things I want to get done before baby number two arrives. Here it is in no particular order...

  • Sand and paint chair and ottoman
  • Reupholster chair and ottoman
  • Make and hang book slings
  • Make and hang shelf
  • Move Elijah's crib and name letters
  • Buy and assemble new crib
  • Make star decor
  • Make new baby name letters
  • Paint closet
  • Sort and organize baby clothes
  • Remove closet door
  • Buy/make and hang closet curtain
  • Make growth charts
  • Buy another dresser for closet
  • Organize closet
  • New cloth diaper set-up

Now that my to-do list is out there for the world to see, I actually have to do it! Some of it won't get done before the baby arrives...the gender is a surprise, so it will just have to wait. Hopefully I can get the rest done...I'm due October 22, so a little under two months. That should be more than enough time, except for the fact that I'm tired, uncomfortable and already have an (oh so busy) 17 month old boy to chase around. That's what the husband if for right? We also are in the middle of a kitchen renovation...so we're going to be busy little bees for awhile! I just bought the fabric for the book slings and chair earlier today, so here is a sneak peak :)

(Chair)

(Book Sling)



Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Chair fabric is adorable. Good luck with the list. I can't wait to see the projects when they are done.

 
At September 1, 2011 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Olivia said...

Love the fabric! This is my first time stopping by your blog..enjoyed it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home