This Page

has been moved to new address

The BEST Homemade Play Dough

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: The BEST Homemade Play Dough

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The BEST Homemade Play Dough


I've done it, I've found the perfect play dough recipe. The other times I've tried to make play dough it turned out too gritty, too slimy, or too dry. This one is smooth, moldable, and stores great. Here is what you will need...

1 cup white flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
food coloring


First, mix together flour, salt, tartar and oil.


Next, add the water and mix well.

Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring the entire time. Play dough will start to form a clump like this. When you can't stir anymore, its done.

Now kneed your play dough for a few minutes, working in the food coloring.  Hint: don't do what I did and make a little "bowl" for the coloring....it will just come shooting out like a gusher halfway through kneading. Just squirt some over the top and work it in like a normal person.

Enjoy!

I actually made this play dough a few weeks ago and have just been storing it in ziplock bags. It stores great and every time we use it....well, it feels like the first time...(haha, Foreigner anyone?).


Linked To:
Tip Junkie

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Kerrye said...

My mom has always made play-dough using this recipe with the grandkids at her house. They LOVE it! Best texture/soft play-dough around!

http://impossiblecleanliness.blogspot.com

 
At August 21, 2011 at 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog! Lindsay told me about it.I made this same play dough for Justin and Cody.:)

 
At August 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger asdf said...

this looks great, I like that it's a make once and use over and over again kind of deal. I am also interested in this option as it's edible, and who (esp. you?) doesn't love peanut butter. (you could add some cocoa powder ;) ) http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2011/05/edi-dough-aka-edible-playdough/

and I want to try this gak type stuff too, but I think it's more suited to like Galilee's age or older than two anyway.

http://www.momtriedit.net/2009/11/gooey-geyser-goo.html

Thanks for the idea, I think this playdough will keep the kids entertained while we're in the house and still without household goods for a month! :)

 
At August 25, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Cupcakes&Lollypops said...

If you boil the water in the kettle and add it hot there is no need to cook :D Even less mess!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home