This Page

has been moved to new address

Grounded

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Grounded

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Grounded

Remember that kitchen remodel we claim to be working on? We really are still working on it, just very very slowly. We did a teeny bit of work on it last week, so I thought I would share so that you know that we know that it' not finished yet. 
(If this is the first time your hearing about our kitchen, you can catch up on the main stuff here and here.)
So what did we do? Added toe kicks! And now the cabinets don't feel like they're floating anymore - they're grounded (hence the title - I hope you weren't expecting some deep personal post, lol).

So here is the before..
We didn't just want to paint the current toe kicks because we wanted to make the bottom of the dishwasher blend in. 
So the husband used some scrap beadboard the make the skins and we just used the backs.
and I slapped a quick coat of paint on them...
Then Adam (my super sexy sock and sandal wearing husband) and Elijah (my tool wielding diaper clad toddler) nailed them in...
Done! Told ya it was a teeny little project.

I do have one more kitchen thing for y'all though. Above the microwave we took out the cabinet in hopes of doing some open shelving. As it turns out, if your taller than 5'3" there is a whole mess of stuff up there that is visible (who knew?).
We were brainstorming on how to hide it all, but didn't come up with anything fantastic and decided just to do the open shelving and figure it out later.  Adam cut the beadboard for the back and when he went to install it, it got stuck halfway in. 
And I think we like it. It kinda looks like a vent-a-hood AND takes care of the whole 'hiding the mess' problem. Now just to pry that piece out and do it for real. Perhaps on a hinge so we can get to the router if there's an internet problem (heaven forbid!).





Ashley

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Haha! You guys crack me up! Can I just say I love that Adam is wearing socks with his flip-flops? Love the new baseboards though! I'll excuse his fashion since he did such a good job installing them! I think the beadboard will look pretty good too once it fits nice and snug. At first I though it was a vent hood!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger STARDUST said...

Hi Ashleya! Found your blog through Home Savvy A to Z (the blog hop). This is my first visit here and I'm so glad I found you. I've become your newest follower and hope to see you over at my place soon.
Have a nice day, Olga

 
At February 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Charles said...

Great idea, but does the microwave cause any interference with the wifi? I believe they operate on the same frequency.

 
At February 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection said...

A little... when we're using the microwave the internet gets a little wonky. We hardly use the microwave though, and even when we are the internet still works, so it's fine.

 
At August 29, 2022 at 8:31 PM , Anonymous Goodyear Fridge Repair said...

Hello mate great blog postt

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home