This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Bedroom Frame Wall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Domestic Imperfection: Guest Bedroom Frame Wall

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Guest Bedroom Frame Wall

A couple of months ago I posted before and after pictures of my
guest bedroom. Though I'm happy with the main wall, the other side of the room is a bit boring. So now, my after picture becomes my before picture.

I wanted to make a frame wall, so I started collecting frames. Really random ones.


Then, while shopping at HomeGoods, I found these place mats. They're felt-ish and I started thinking about all the things I could do with them and my random frames.

I didn't look at some of the frames very closely before I bought them (at 90% off you snatch and grab!)....
turns out some of them were NOT meant to come apart.

My little helper did his arts and crafts while I did mine. Okay, that's a lie. He colored for long enough for me to take this picture then started munching on the crayons. I then proceeded to spend way too long picking wax pieces out from between his teeth. I know, he looks so innocent....

Here's what I came up with!


Here are the frames individually....they look a little different than the before pictures!





This next one deserves some explanation. It is a birthday card that I sent to my husband when he was in Afghanistan. On the inside it says "It's your birthday, so take it easy. RELAX. Wear a bucket on your head. Whatever." When I read it in the store I thought it was hilarious. My husband thought the same thing (when he got it in the mail months later). He said no one else thought it was funny. So the question is....who here has the terrible sense of humor?



Total cost was about $10. The frames were dirt cheap and everything else I had on hand. The placemats were the most expensive at $8, but since I only used one I'm only counting it as $2 (I'll use the rest somewhere else). My blog, my rules!

Linked to:

Lines Across My Face, CraftOManiac, Home Savvy, The Girl Creative, Jacque's Soda Parlor, Sew Chatty, Keeping it Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home, Between Naps on the Porch, Be Colorful, Polly Want A Crafter, Mad in Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Making the World Cuter, Running With Gitter, Dittle Dattle, Sarahndipities, Nothing But Country, Homework, Topsy Turvy, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Not Just A Housewife, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Confessions, All Thingz Related, Sugar Bee Crafts, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Coastal Charm, Tip Junkie, At home with K, Me and My Boys, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Someday Crafts, Women Who Do It All, Handy Man Crafty Woman, Passionately Artistic, Lil Luna, Sew Much Ado, Domestically Speaking, My Girlish Whims, Creations By Kara, The Thrifty Home, Fireflies & Jellybeans, House of Hepworths, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Beyond The Picket Fence, Christina's Adventures, Saved By Love, Kreative Korner, Happy Hour Projects, Designer Gardens, Fun to Craft, Shabby Nest, Miss Mustard Seed, The DIY Showoff, 504 Main, Chic on a Shoestring, Serenity Now, Remodelaholic, delicateCONSTRUCTION, 30 Days, Design it Chic, Blissful & Domestic, Addicted 2 Decorating, Lolly Jane, Tatertots & Jello, Be Different Act Normal, I Heart Nap Time, Under The Table and Dreaming, Nifty Thrifty Things, The Tattered TagThrifty Decor Chick

Labels: ,

49 Comments:

At August 7, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Helen @ Bettencourt Chase said...

I love that "Today is the day" print! :) Nice collection.

 
At August 7, 2011 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Alex said...

I love the arrangement, so fabulous! stopping by from Keeping it Simple.

craftingwithmycub.blogspot.com

 
At August 7, 2011 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Kristin Killoran said...

You are awesome. So cute. I'm inspired.

 
At August 7, 2011 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

Hehe. You had me at the crayon wax in the teeth. :0

A fun collection that relates well to one another. I like the piece with the numbers too.

thanks so much for linking up again to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

 
At August 8, 2011 at 5:13 AM , Blogger SkinnyMeg said...

Love it, that felt mat thing is so dang cute! great job!!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- those are so cute and graphic- Love it!!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Brie @ Darling Doodles said...

I can't explain how much I love it! I am saving this in my inspiration folder! Thank you for sharing. I found your blog through the Craft-o-maniac link party and I'm your newest follower!

darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

 
At August 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Ahaha! But Mom, crayons are meant to be eaten! Haha! Poor guy! Love how the wall turned out! So cute! Oh, and yes, I have the same terrible sense of humor. I used to stock up on cards to send to Chris - I actually still have a few and I think they're hilarious!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of the colors. I am working on a wall in my craft room, so this inspires me.
I am following you now.
ladeedacreations.com

 
At August 8, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

love the yellow pops from the placemat. great idea! love that you framed that card-definitely a special thing that you guys can chuckle over.

i had a frame mishap this weekend-i was prying a mirror off, and it wasn't pretty.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Blogger A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Very cool; I love the way it turned out!

Sue
xo

 
At August 8, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous Brooke said...

Loving this frame wall display. I like that not only are the frames different, but all the art is as well! Yet you still managed to tie it all together. Great job. Found you from Lines Across My Face!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Your wall turned out beautiful and I love the color scheme!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

P.S. Thank you so much for linking up at Home Savvy today!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Alison said...

Very cute! I love the yellow and grey together and all those fun designs! :)

 
At August 9, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Helena Davey said...

Super cool. I especially like the ones that are 3D, like the roses :)

 
At August 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Creative Raisins said...

I love the use of colors and the layout this is fantastic.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Sam Findlay said...

I love this look! Really like the way you used the colours and tied it all together!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Blogger April said...

wow you did super awesome!!! great job!
xoxo

 
At August 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

Love the arrangement...it came out great. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

 
At August 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Crazy Wonderful said...

Ahhh hahaha!!! I TOTALLY understand the crayon between the teeth :D

That turned out amaze-balls! And, the way you incorporated those placemats - genious!

Shelley
www.westermafam.blogspot.com

 
At August 10, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Such a nice grouping! Nicely done. Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

 
At August 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Cameron said...

So cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At August 10, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

Ashley,

Thanks for linking up at my Sundae Shake Up Link Party. I hope you will join me again on Sunday for another fun party! Can't wait to see you there, my friend!

Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor
thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

 
At August 10, 2011 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE everything about this... I love that you saw potential in that placemat and the colors are gorgeous, the patterns and textures are super-fun. I love the mix of general patterns and the personalized memories and print... gorgeous! I'm your newest follower! : )

 
At August 10, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Kimberly Moore said...

This turned out soo great! I absolutely love it. Great choice on the colors. :)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I LOVE your gallery wall! The colors, your mix of pattern...everything! You did a great job.

Thank you so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party, and for linking back (I really appreciate that!) :)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

oh wow, I love this!!! I love gallery walls anyway, but I absolutely love how you did yours! Using the placemat was genius! So pretty.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger ChicChat said...

Love it! Thanks for the inspiration to get my Frame wall done.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Lish @ Imprintalish said...

What a transformation! It looks so great!!!!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Lish @ Imprintalish said...

I'm a new follower too :)

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger A room with a view said...

Great creativity..visiting via Kreative Korner. New follower!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

I love your gallery wall. love the colors. So pretty.

 
At August 13, 2011 at 12:56 AM , Blogger Tassie said...

I just love all your frames. I love to collect frames, now you have given me something to do with all of them.
Also, I think that the birthday card was hilarious. It made me laugh!!
I'm glad you put it on the wall!

I love your blog... just found it, and can't wait to explore all the posts.

 
At August 13, 2011 at 6:59 AM , Blogger People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Creative and resourceful!

 
At August 13, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Danee said...

You had me at grey and yellow. Grey is my flavor of the moment. I love the entire project-looks super cool, fresh, and chic. The use of the yellow felt placemat is very cool ad out of the box. Very few home dec blog projects really impress me but your project does.

 
At August 13, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Oh my goodness, so cute! Love the color theme. How creative!

 
At August 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

What a fun collage! Love the colors and look of it :)

 
At August 13, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

so cute! I bought that same hobby lobby monogram frame for cents... hoping to reuse it! i love how it turned out even though it broke apart!! maybe i'll have to dig mine out! :)

 
At August 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Marlee said...

This is so neat (plus yellow is my favorite coler :))! You did an awesome job. Great blog, am a new follower :).

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

 
At August 13, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Christina said...

LOVE this gallery wall!! It's perfect...and I LOVE how you used those placemats!

Hey - I got that card for my husband the other year!! He loved it too - we have the same sense of humor! :)

Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Fab-u-lous! Love it! Thanks for linking up to Delicately Constructed Friday! I featured this on my fb page!
Hope you had a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

 
At August 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Tanya Anurag said...

You did a great job. Love the placemats and how smartly you have used them.

Thanks for linking up at Tea-Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Your post added to the celebration. Party for this week is going on now. Hope to see you there.

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-3-and-features.html

 
At August 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Anonymous Decor Voyeur said...

Thank you for providing me with some much needed distraction while I wait to see if this is real or false labor. I've enjoyed looking around and am following. I love your sense of color. Enjoy your little one, oh and that picture of him peeing is just about the best thing EVER!

 
At September 30, 2011 at 4:30 AM , Blogger Katie said...

My best friend sent me the 'Wear a bucket on your head' card for my birthday last week! I too thought it was hilarious. It's on my fridge and it makes me smile whenever I look at it.

 
At January 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! Loving this wall of frames! I need it...

 
At January 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Man. You need to get to work on your About section! What part of South Texas are you from? I read that on your Crappy $5 table. I was born in San Benito and then moved to central TX when I was 9. I have family in Harlingen and McAllen. :)

Anywho -- LOVE this too. I just started a gallery wall in my hallway. I guess it's a gallery hallway then, no? Anyhow. Hobby Lobby has a clearance section that I DIDNOTREALIZE had good frames for cheap!

:D Thanks for the motiviation to continue crafting!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Our Pinteresting Family said...

Beautiful job!!!! I love it!!~ Megan

 
At February 25, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Mamita's Next Thing said...

I love your frames! They have given me inspiration and an idea on how I'm going to deal with a sore spot in my basement, that I am currently trying to improve.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home